As far back as the 15th century Brigerbad was mentioned as “the healing baths which pour out of the Valais”. The foundation stone of today’s modern complex was laid down in 1957 by Cécile and Hans Kalbermatten. In the years that followed the Brigerbad was continuously expanded and renovated. Later, in 2007, the Cécile and Hans Kalbermatten Foundation was established. Goal: Long-term preservation of the Thermal bath and leisure facility as a health promoting local recreation area and tourist attraction of the upper Valais.